INVISALIGN TREATMENT V/S TRADITIONAL BRACES: WHICH IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU?
Invisalign, as the name suggests, is the treatment to align your teeth with invisible aligners, as opposed to traditional metal wires and braces. Straight teeth are not only visually appealing but have many dental benefits, including lower risk for cavities, gum diseases, and cracked teeth, reducing the risk of teeth grinding and TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) problems. It also improves overall oral hygiene as it becomes easier to brush and floss straight teeth.
While Orthodontists and Dentists have used traditional braces for decades, Invisalign is the latest furor in dental technology. It is a more discreet way to straighten the teeth. It is the easiest way to straighten your teeth and make your smile even more beautiful.
Let us discuss the differences between Invisalign treatment and traditional braces and find the right one for you.
- Clear V/S Visible: Traditional braces are made of metal wires and elastic bands, while Invisalign is clear/invisible aligners. As braces are visible, Invisalign is the more preferred treatment in today’s time.
- Convenience: Invisalign is a relatively comfortable and less painful procedure. The best part about Invisalign is that it can be removed whenever you want. However, it is suggested that you wear them for at least 20-22 hours per day for them to work effectively. On the other hand, traditional braces can not be removed as they are stuck to the teeth using wires.
- Cost: The cost for braces and Invisalign treatment are almost similar. Invisalign treatment is now covered by dental insurance. But the price for each treatment varies from dentist to dentist; you should reach out to your dentist to understand your Invisalign treatment cost and get your quote.
- Treatment: While traditional braces must be worn at all times for an average of 2 years, Invisalign is a relatively shorter treatment as patients only need to wear the tray for a period of 6-18 months, depending upon their teeth.
Invisalign is the Right Choice for Straightening Your Teeth If:
- If you want to choose a dental procedure with high success rates.
- If you are looking for faster results.
- If you are a food lover who wants to eat the food of your choice without worrying about it getting stuck in wires.
- If you are looking for an aesthetically appealing option that doesn’t ruin your confidence.
- If you are looking for a teeth straightening procedure that is invisible.
How does Invisalign work?
At Rana Dentistry, the Invisalign aligners are designed to move your teeth in small steps until the desired position is achieved. The doctor will perform a regular check-up and take x-rays and photographs of your teeth in the initial consultations. Once you and the dentist align on the treatment, the procedure will start. You need to wear a set of aligners for about two weeks, which are replaced by another set of aligners for the next two weeks or more. This cycle continues for months until the teeth reach the desired position. To understand more about Invisalign treatment in detail, contact us at (909) 764-3355 and schedule an appointment with us.